1. Learn how gold is measured. When talking about the price of gold, they normally discuss grams as opposed to ounce. There are 31.1 grams in a troy ounce.
2. Don't expect to get the current price of gold. You can check what the current price of gold is selling for, and like the stock market it fluctuates. Yet, the price you will get for your scrap gold will be less than that amount.
3. Compare the prices offered by the different entities offering to buy your gold. You may discover that some buyers offer double what others offer.
4. Check out the internet "We Buy Gold" websites. Google the sites, looking for possible complaints. Check to see if they are legitimate. Shop around for the most reliable company, that offers the most money for your gold.
5. Call your local pawn shops. Pawn shops often buy scrap gold. Check to see what pawn shops in your area are willing to pay for scrap gold.
6. Call your local jewelry store. Jewelry stores often buy scrap gold. Check to see what they are offering to pay for scrap gold.
7. After you decide where you will sell your gold, weigh the items, so you will have a general idea what you may receive for the items.
Make Sure and call us at 801.889.7200 or visit us at valleygoldminesaltlake.com to give you the best offer for your gold!